PROTECT YOUR DNA WITH QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY
Orgo-Life the new way to the future Advertising by AdpathwayDevin Haney has given the strongest indication yet that Liam Paro is the welterweight champion he wants next, publicly declaring his interest in adding the IBF title to his WBO belt.
Haney responded Tuesday to a post from WBO president Gustavo Olivieri showing the WBO and IBF together.
“Have the WBO.. I want the IBF,” Haney posted on X.
There isn’t much mystery about the target. Paro owns the IBF belt, and both sides have already discussed a unification fight.
The timing of Haney’s message is particularly interesting. Paro complained earlier that he had stopped hearing from Haney’s side after making it clear he wanted the fight.
“Haney is ducking me,” Paro told Fox Sports Australia. “I’ve said I’m good to fight by the end of October, and we ain’t heard a thing.”
Paro also denied that his financial demands were responsible for negotiations failing, saying he was willing to face Haney in either Australia or the United States.
Haney’s latest message suggests the Aussie titleholder hasn’t been discarded.
That creates uncertainty around Jack Catterall, who has been in negotiations to challenge Haney for the WBO title on October 3. Catterall’s manager, Sam Jones, has said his side accepted the fight and proposed date, but no fight has been formally announced.
Haney may still be considering both options, but publicly identifying the IBF belt as the one he wants keeps Paro firmly in the picture.
Paro also offers something Catterall cannot: the opportunity for Haney to become a unified welterweight champion.
After Paro accused Haney of avoiding him earlier Tuesday, the WBO champion has now given him an answer of sorts. If Haney’s post reflects his immediate plans, Paro may be getting the fight he wanted.
Tim Compton is a boxing journalist and contributor to Boxing247.com who has covered the international fight landscape since 2019. He reports on major developments, champions, and rising prospects with a focus on accuracy, sourcing, and analytical clarity.
Click here to subscribe to our FREE newsletter
Latest Boxing News:
- Keith Thurman Returning To 147, Targets Liam Paro
- Ryan Garcia Threatens To Deny Haney His Revenge
- Tim Bradley Calls Liam Paro’s Haney Demands Ducking
- Teofimo Lopez Plans Welterweight Sweep Starting With Rolly
- Eddie Hearn: Zuffa Underestimated Value Of World Titles
- Aaron McKenna Claims Carlos Adames Is Afraid Of Him
Boxing • Boxing News • Devin Haney Wants Liam Paro’s IBF Welterweight Title
Last Updated on 2026/08/11 at 6:48 PM
















English (US) ·
French (CA) ·